JOB OPENING Audience Responsible
Connection! With people, organisations, collectives, artists and the people of the city. Sounds like you? Then you are our new colleague!
Thanks to your people skills, you are able to build lasting relationships with Beursschouwburg's regulars as well as new visitors. You (sometimes literally) open our doors and bring the city inside. You build bridges between people, organizations, collectives and artists from an intersectional perspective. You are fascinated by Beursschouwburg's programme and it shines through you. You are outgoing, but not afraid to work behind a desk.
As part of a communication team you look for targeted audiences for the artists, speakers and collectives who come to Beursschouwburg. You contribute to the development of (inclusive) communication tools and the improvement of our online and offline accessibility. Connection and safe(r) spaces are your watchwords.
Who are we looking for?
- You live in and for Brussels. You can demonstrate knowledge of Brussels' (socio-) cultural and social landscape.
- You take the first step to talk to people, call, email or dm.
- You build bridges between people, organizations, artists, communities and collectives.
- You switch easily between languages, communication channels and projects.
- You relate to Beursschouwburg's programme and take our organisation from an intersectional perspective.
- You are willing to work evenings and weekends.
What will you do?
- Develop lasting relationships with a wide range of existing and new audiences.
- Take actions to reach specific communities.
- Study current and new audiences, identify trends, needs and blind spots.
- Contribute to the improvement of our online and offline accessibility and care for the public.
- Participate in the development of custom communication tools.
What can we offer you?
- A part-time contract (4/5th) of indefinite duration.
- A salary adapted to your knowledge and experience, according to the Collective Labor Agreement for the Performing Arts, salary category B (Joint Committee 304 Entertainment Industry).
- The opportunity to attend training courses (personal and work-related skills).
- 100% reimbursement for commuting by public transport or bicycle
- Meal vouchers, a 13th month and hospitalization insurance.
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in a fascinating and international cultural environment.
Beursschouwburg wants to reflect the society it serves as best as possible. Candidates are selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, religion, age, or disability.
How to apply?
Send your motivated application (letter, video, or other form to introduce yourself) before 25 November to jobs(at)beursschouwburg.be. We would also like to hear how you see audience engagement of the future: what would you like to focus on in this unique place? Write or tell us about it briefly in max one A4.
Selected candidates will be notified by mail on or before 2 December and will receive an invitation for an interview. Interviews will take place in the first 2 weeks of December, during the day or in the evening. During this interview, we will ask you to prepare an assignment.
You can find more information about our organization here.