Does serving Beursschouwdrinks and good vibes until the break of dawn sound like you? Apply before June 30!
Beursschouwburg is looking for bartenders (15h/week) to work together with the bar supervisor to ensure smooth service and good vibes at concerts, nightlife, stage performances, openings and other activities in our Brussels art house.
The position will open halfway through September 2022.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in the service sector.
- You're able to take responsibility and head up a small team.
- You're willing to work 2-3 nights a week, often on Friday and Saturday and sometimes until 4am or 6am.
- You have strong organizational skills and use open communication.
- You speak the city's languages: Dutch, French & English.
- You’re excited about Beursschouwburg's program and mission.
- You live in Brussels.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- During your shift you supervise and care for the bar team.
- You are responsible for preparing, cleaning and closing the bar and for settling the till.
- You brief your team on bar operation and safety guidelines. You play an important role in the evacuation procedure in the event of a fire.
- You attend our monthly team meeting.
- You help think about possible improvements to our bar operation.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A part-time, open-ended contract (15h/week) starting mid-September 2022 with a salary suited to your knowledge and experience, according to pay category VI of Joint Committee 302 Horeca. An extension to a 19h/week contract will be possible starting in 2023.
- A changing schedule, with work volume varying throughout the year depending on our program.
- Hospitalization insurance
- The opportunity to follow training (personal skills and work-related)
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your motivated application (letter, video, or other form to introduce yourself) before May 29 to Beursschouwburg vzw, A. Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Ellen De Bin or to jobs(at)beursschouwburg.be. Selected candidates will be notified by mail on or before July 5 and will receive an invitation for an interview. Interviews will take place the first 2 weeks of July, during the day or in the evening.
Beursschouwburg wants to reflect the society it serves as best as possible. Candidates are selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, religion, age, or disability.
You can find more information about our organization here.