VISUAL & AUDIOVISUAL ARTS PROGRAMMER (M/F/X) - unlimited part-time contract (0.8 FTE)
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic colleague to expand a rich and diverse exhibition and screenings programme.
As (audio)visual arts programmer, you will be part of the artistic team of Beursschouwburg. Your tasks will be as follows:
- You develop and organize an attractive and clear-cut programme of contemporary exhibitions and audiovisual arts. The emphasis lies on exhibitions, artist film screenings and audiovisual performances with attention to new trends, forms and languages, as well as sensitivity to societal issues. In addition, you continue to build on the current profile of Beursschouwburg;
- You put together a high-quality programme centred on originality, socially relevant evolutions, international and local developments, and audience reach.
- You contribute to the development of artistic projects by way of dramaturgical advice and intense dialogue with artists;
- You identify Brussels as a hub for the visual and audiovisual arts and you look beyond languages and borders;
- You detect local talent and create a supportive framework;
- You detect interesting cultural initiatives and seek for collaborations;
- In the development and realization of the exhibitions and screenings programme, you engage in dialogue with diverse partners and target groups;
- You take on a connecting role in strengthening the collaboration and synergy between the different actors involved in the (audio)visual arts in Brussels and in Belgium;
- You take part in regional and supralocal consultations;
- You execute the required tasks of production with regards to the exhibitions and screenings programme;
- You are responsible for the financial follow-up for your programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- assumes a connecting role from an enthusiastic, inspiring and mediating approach;
- has an everyday working knowledge of the cultural sector beyond their own discipline (music, performing arts, public programming, etc.);
- can think strategically, and can develop a well-structured artistic vision in line with the current exhibitions and audiovisual arts profile of Beursschouwburg;
- is oriented towards practical solutions and results;
- works efficiently and has strong organizational skills;
- is socially engaged;
- is a natural-born networker and is social and communicative;
- is flexible, can cope with stress and is a team player;
- is prepared to work evenings and weekends;
- is not deterred by the budgetary and production aspects of the position;
and who has:
- a good knowledge of and strong involvement with new tendencies and developments in the contemporary art and audiovisual arts scene;
- good verbal and written skills in Dutch, French and English;
- some years of experience in a comparable position.
- a part-time contract (4/5) for unlimited time and extra-legal benefits;
- a salary adjusted to your knowledge and experience according to the standards set by PC 304.
Send your motivated application (letter with a detailed CV) no later than 29 November 2019 to tom(at)beursschouwburg.be or to Beursschouwburg, A. Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussels, to the attention of Tom Bonte. Interviews will take place in December 2019.
Beursschouwburg attaches great importance to diversity. Selection is based on competencies and regardless of ethnic, religious or cultural background, gender or educational background.