Beursschouwburg is a multidisciplinary arts centre in the heart of Brussels. Here visitors can enjoy performance, film, concerts, exhibitions, debate and dialogue, as well as parties and drinks in the Beurscafé. This inclusive venue and meeting point never stops evolving and has grown significantly in recent years.
Beursschouwburg offers innovative artists and thinkers a platform. Genuine and complementary (international) collaborations, societal topics and an unblinking eye on the city and its developments are central to Beursschouwburg’s varied programme of performing arts, film, music and fine art. Beursschouwburg favours a polymorphous identity over a monotonous one.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (M/F/X) - FULL-TIME PERMANENT CONTRACT
You are responsible for the financial and administrative management of the organisation including its entire bookkeeping activities. In close consultation with, and under the guidance of, the General and Artistic Director, you will develop a business vision that supports Beursschouwburg’s general policy.
- You draw up the budget and the financial statements.
- You are responsible for day-to-day budgetary management and the optimisation of the financial policy.
- You support and follow up on business contracts and dossiers.
- You are the point of contact for employees who are responsible for partial budgets.
- You take care of the administration surrounding subsidy dossiers (Brussels, Flanders, Europe) and are responsible for ensuring the correct and timely reporting to the subsidy providers.
- You follow up on staff and administrative policy.
- You carry out all general and analytical bookkeeping activities from A to Z, with the support of one administrative assistant.
- You alone draw up and follow up on all VAT declarations, payroll tax, financial statements, etc.
- You streamline day-to-day administrative processes.
- You present financial reports at the Annual General Meeting and to the Board of Management.
- You have broad-ranging experience in running business and administrative operations.
- You have a bachelor’s diploma in bookkeeping and finances or the equivalent in experience.
- You have knowledge of financial, tax and social matters and can work independently in these domains.
- You can maintain an overview of operations, you have strong analytical skills and a great affinity for numbers.
- Collaboration, discussion and support are high on your agenda.
- You have a keen sense of responsibility. You set a high standard for the quality of your work.
- You have an interest in the arts sector.
- You are trilingual (NL, FR, EN).
- You’re fully proficient with the software required for the function.
- Experience with European dossiers and fundraising is a plus.
- An exciting and varied job with responsibility
- A full-time, permanent contract and extralegal benefits.
- A salary in line with your expertise and experience, according to the CAO Podiumkunsten (PC 304).
As soon as possible
Send your motivation letter (max. 1 A4) and CV to Els Missotten (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10 July 2020 at the latest.
The selection interviews will take place in the week beginning 17 August 2020.
This function is open to everyone. Beursschouwburg encourages equal opportunities and hires based on vision and approach, regardless of age, gender, ethnic or religious background, disability or diploma.