Bestie to artists and crowds alike, you're a hands-on logistical mastermind who comes to life after dark. If that sounds like you, hit us up!
As a music & nightlife production assistant, you are responsible for the practical realization of the music program. In collaboration with the music programmer and the technical team, you execute the plans of our music events and residencies. You are the contact person for questions of artists, partners, and colleagues; and vice versa you keep all stakeholders informed about the progress of each project. You organize travel and transport, the accommodation, and a warm welcome for the artists, and you manage the administrative post-production of the music events. When the public is present, you are in charge and coordinate the immediate communication between the different collaborators (technique, box office, security, bar) and the public. You ensure that the evening runs smoothly and safely, and you intervene as needed.
- You are enthusiastic about the program of Beursschouwburg and have a heart for Brussels.
- You have strong organizational skills and get energy from working directly with people.
- You are willing to work 2 to 3 times a week until 3 am, mostly on Fridays and Saturdays. Also night hours during nightlife events (once per month) do not scare you.
- You are proactive, can work independently, and like to take initiative.
- You deal with people smoothly and communicate clearly, openly, and in a positive manner.
- You are solution and results-oriented and dare to take responsibility.
- You are strong in languages and have a good command of Dutch, French, and English.
- Basic technical production skills are a plus.
What can we offer you?
- A part-time contract (4/5th) of indefinite duration. The work volume varies throughout the year in function of the music program and within the conditions of the Collective Labor Agreement for the Performing Arts (Joint Committee 304 Entertainment Industry).
- A salary adapted to your knowledge and experience, according to the Collective Labor Agreement for the Performing Arts, salary category B (Joint Committee 304 Entertainment Industry).
- The opportunity to attend training courses (personal and work-related skills).
- 100% reimbursement for commuting by public transport or bicycle
- Meal vouchers, a 13th month and hospitalization insurance.
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in a fascinating and international cultural environment.
How to apply
Send your motivated application (letter, video, or other form to introduce yourself) before October 20 to Beursschouwburg vzw, A. Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Ellen De Bin or to jobs(at)beursschouwburg.be. Selected candidates will be notified by mail on or before October 25 and will receive an invitation for an interview. Interviews will take place the week of November 8th, during the day or in the evening. Start of employment is scheduled for January 2022.
Beursschouwburg wants to reflect the society it serves as best as possible. Candidates are selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, religion, age, or disability.
You can find more information about our organization here.